Monday, June 27, 2011

July DUFF Meeting this Friday

Greetings DUFF Club members


The July DUFF meeting is this Friday 6:00pm at Fritz and Nancy's place in Mauston.  514 Maine Street, Mauston, Wi. Home phone   608 847 4123   Cell 608 547 7123 Heading north from downtown area on hwy 12/16 look for Grove Streetl eft on Grove  Go over railroad tracks then 50 feet take right onto Maine Street second house from corner on leftt tan house green metal roof  see ya there.  Be advised that Hy 12 & 16 is tore up between Mauston and New Lisbon if anyone is coming from that direction.

Brats and hamburgers will be provided and you may bring chips or anything else along with your favorite homebrew.

Agenda for the evening:

Cream Ale Judging. If anyone's kit Cream ale is ready, or if you made your own, bring a sample for an informal judging. Feed back on the first club kit. Good idea? Bad idea? Should we do more? I still have ingredients left... aka. pilsen liquid malt and some specialty grains, hops, and yeast.

In addition, this is the quarterly planning meeting, so club business will be discussed. I received a note from Chad, I'll share it here:
Hi Guys,

My name is Chad Hoffer and I am the President of the Bull Falls Home
Brew Club up here in Wausau.

The reason I was trying to get a hold of someone in your club was
because I found out that we (Bull Falls Club) screw up big time.  We
never invited any clubs to the Golden Growler (GG).  I thought it had
been done back in October.  I fund out on May 14th when I got a strange
email from Marc O'Brien at L.U.S.H. that we had not.  He asked me what
was going on with the GG and I told him we were still on for June 4th
and he didn't even know we moved it to June.

I looked at your web site to see if there was any word about the GG, I
could not find any.  Right now I know that CWDB, MASH and LUSH will be
there but I'm not sure about you guys or the Green Bay Rackers.

I understand if you don't have a beer for this year.  I take full
responsibility for the screw up and just to let you know that I am
taking control of the event for 2012.  We are planning on moving the
event to March and over to the Wausau Great Dane.  We are still working
on the date.  I will let you know that and the style.

I took down Mel's number and I will call it this week.
With the recent experience at the Barn, we need to discuss participation in events like the Golden Growler and other 'legal' aspects of our club activities, events, and homebrewer concerns.

Then there is the beer for the fall quarter, if I remember correctly, we were thinking of an October Fest beer???? If that is right, bring your thoughts, a recipe or other ideas about an October Fest beer. 
We need to finalize plans for the next three months and look ahead to planning November, December, and January's DUFF Club activities. 

August - Meeting will be held near Reedsburg at Jim and Kathy's place.

September - Joe's place near Hillsboro

October - Randy's place in Camp Douglas.

The July 1st meeting is an important meeting to attend as we consider all of the above club concerns. If you can't attend and have any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions that you feel are important for consideration, please send me a note: mel4150091 at g mail dot com and I can carry your thoughts to the meeting. 

Have a great week and see you this Friday at Fritz & Nancy's place.

Mel

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online