Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November DUFF meeting

Greetings DUFF members

The November DUFF meeting is a Brew event being held this Saturday at Dietz Design showroom, 448 South Albert Ave, Reedsburg Wisconsin. This is a good time to invite people that might be interested in the homebrewing process.

Directions:
Just turn south at the west side Quick Trip (State Hy. 23), and it will be on the right side of the road in 4 or 5 blocks near the thrift store. Even though the official time is 12:00 noon, Jim and others will be there early to begin mashing and heating water. I plan to go early since I have to leave for work around 1 pm.

The following is information about the event that Dave has posted on DUFF Groups:

Hi DUFF members,  I hope you are all well and brewing lots of stuff.
Plans are still coming together for the Learn to Brew Day at my
business, DJ Dietz Designs,  We will set up in the shop area which has
water, heat, floor drain, exhaust venting, and an overhead door in
case it's a nice day we can open it and let the sun in and mingle out
side.  If it's bad weather we will had plenty of room inside with the
shop & showroom area able to hold folks who would like to sit and
visit if they wish.  As mentioned in a earlier post, if someone would
like to demonstrate a 5 gal. batch on a stove top let me know this
week and I can wire up a stove in the brewing area for you.  As of
right now I am planning on three brewing set ups;  myself, CJ Hall and
Jim Kinsman.   I anyone else would like to bring a brewing system
that's great, let me know so I can plan accordingly.  If anyone wants
to do a wine or Mead, that would be great also.  I know it's a lot of
work to bring gear somewhere else and then take it & the beer all home
again, so I sure appreciate the effort if you want to bring stuff.
But please don't let that stop you from coming on Sat. Nov. 6th to the
event. I hope we have lots of members come to meet & mingle with non-
brewers.  This will be a great opportunity for the DUFF club to
introduce the hobby ( obsession ???) to others and possibly get some
new faces in our club.  I will be bringing my chest freezer/
refrigerator  to the shop to store kegs in.  It's not nearly as nice
as Jim's ( yet).  I will have three Belgian brews I  did lately to
sample.  If the members would like to bring some of their  creations
to share with the guests, that would be great!  I will have snacks for
for all, but if you have a particular dish you are proud of feel free
to bring it along.  The event starts at Noon, but I am planning on
having CJ start brewing earlier so as to be in the boil stage by
then.  That way guests who can't stay for the whole day can see most
of the brewing  process.  If anyone wants to come down early and help
set up please feel free to.  I will be there by 8am.  You might notice
that there is a $10 fee for the event, that is for the guests, the
DUFF members will not have to pay.  Thanks for any and all help  you
can provide.  Contact me if you want  963-4532  or  d...@djdietz.com
 Here is a link to the Fermentation Fest site
http://www.wormfarminstitute.org/FFevent_landing.html

Saturday, November 6 · 12:00pm - 5:00pm

Come and see how fun and easy Home Brewing can be! We will have three brewers demonstrating the exciting hobby of Home Brewing. Samples & light snack will be available.

For other DUFF club news, please join and bookmark the DUFF Group and the Facebook DUFF homebrew club page.

Have a great day... remember to vote!

Mel Smith.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online