Saturday, June 5, 2010

June DUFF event

Greetings DUFF Club members


Hope to see everyone at the Barn in Baraboo tomorrow for the MS Benefit. There is no other meeting planned for June. 

It's been a very busy spring for me. I'm still working on trellising some of my hops in between tending a gargantuan garden and clearing land. The small patch of barley that was just emerging on the day of the big brew is now 2 feet tall, but not showing heads of grain yet. It's going to be an exciting summer but not much time to spend on the computer. 

There's a Facebook page... another Facebook page.... and here's an email from Christin with most of the information you'll need to get to the event in Baraboo on Sunday:

Hello, Brew Masters!!

I hope you are all looking forward to this weekend as much as I am!

Remember-this event is for FUN! No seriousness allowed! 

Each ticket comes with a stub, which is a  vote for 'Peoples Choice'. Bribery is encouraged. It's quite possible that additional 'votes' may be available for purchase as well, so remember to tell all your friends to come early and vote often! 

I need to know what 'format'  you are bringing the beer in-kegs, growlers, 12/22 oz bottles, etc. I would like to offer at auction a 6 pk. mix of beer, but this won't be possible if everyone brings kegs. (which is just fine too :) 

Beer will be served ONLY to those with a wrist band. Please remember this-as there is an age issue.......and it's important that all participants get to try each brew. There should be no problem with having enough-but if you have someone who parks themselves in front of your tapper, be sure serve everyone else as well.

The event will be on the deck at The Barn. There will be 2 large tents set  up, so unless there is horrific torrential storms, we'll be outside. Plan 'B' is to move it indoors, which has been considered, and planned accordingly if needed. 

Do you want to bring your own tables, or should I set up tables out side, and if so, what size do you need? Do you need ice, and if so, how much? Coolers? etc. Tell me what you need and I'll have it there. 

Also, please let me know how many different brews you are bringing. I think there should be about 15, but I've heard from one fellow that he dumped one batch out. (wow-how awful must THAT have been?!) 

The event begins at 1, so if you could be on site around 12:30 to get set up, that would be perfect. If you'd like info about yourself/your beer on display, please send it to me, and I'll type it up and get in a plastic (beer proof) sleeve for your table. 

Remember this is first attempt.  I will ask  you to fill out an 'exit poll' of sorts later-I'd really like to make this an annual event, and will look forward to hearing your feedback to make it better. 

I did contact LD Carlson, and they were unable to contribute anything this year but are interested in next. There was a suggestion for Northern Brewers Supply to donate, but I have yet to hear back from them-so there may or may not be  raffle items.  This IS something that will be considered again for next year.

It may include home made wine next year-I didn't realize nearly all homebrewers make wine too. In a few years, perhaps expand with a bike ride, kayak race, or mud run. But that's down the road much further.

Thanks very much for participating in this fundraiser. Of course, I'm terribly biased, but I think this is a terrific charity. Multiple Sclerosis is a nasty disease that is soooo prevalent in Wisconsin. We have one of the highest rates in the US. (it's the brats/cheese/cheap awful beer/Packer combo, I'm pretty sure ;)

PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS!!


Christin


Christin Harding
Co-Captain, Sonic Streamers
studioc95@hotmail.com
608-963-9312

See you all on Sunday

Mel

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online